March 29, 2015

Fun with Foamies


A few weekends ago, my daughter and I sat side by side in our newly established art room each working on our own creative pursuits. It was awesome. For my 4.5 year old, it was a fun with foamies sort of day. She completed two activities with the peel and stick foam shapes, and was engaged for a long time as I worked on my own projects.

The first activity was filling a rectangle grid labeled with the numbers 1-8 with the corresponding number of foam shapes. Count, peel, stick. Easy peasy.



For the second activity, I drew six curved rainbow lines and asked my daughter to place matching colored foamies on top of the rainbow lines. I was surprised by how long she stayed engaged with this craft. She loved it! She put a great amount of effort making her picture just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment